Maximizing market exposure
I’m sure one of your biggest questions is “What are you going to do to market my house?”
One of the most basic, but also most important, marketing tools we’ll use to expose your home to the entire market, is the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is a database of almost every home on the market, and it’s what other agents use to find the appropriate homes to show their buyers.
Years ago, the MLS was only available to real estate agents, but nowadays, even buyers have access to see the houses listed on the MLS through various websites and online portals. No matter where they may be looking, every serious buyer is definitely watching the MLS to see what comes on the market.
So, I’ll certainly make sure that your home is on the MLS, and presented in the best possible light … from professional photography, to a compelling description of your home, all the way down to making sure that every piece of information on it is accurate. This is so important, since your MLS listing is what will “feed” your listing to many other websites through what is called an IDX system. That way, your home will show up on almost any website a buyer may be looking at.
While the MLS will do much of the heavy lifting to expose your home to the market, it’s generally not be enough to reach the entire market. Here’s how I will be marketing your home beyond the MLS:
- Capture wide angle photographs of your home taken by a professional photographer;
- Feature your property here on my website as well as Zillow, Trulia, and REALTOR.com;
- Syndicate your listing to hundreds of national and regional agent and broker websites;
- Promote your home on Facebook and NextDoor for increased referral exposure;
- Create a virtual tour for increased organic exposure on YouTube and search engines;
- Send “Just Listed” notices to prospective buyers, neighbors and colleagues in my database;
- Produce full-color “take one” flyers to be available outside the home to capture interest from drive-by buyers;
- Promote your property to other local Realtors®;
- Host open houses at seller’s discretion;
- Market the property for sale using print, online and/or direct mail advertising;
- Maximize showing potential through professional Tierra Antigua signage, one of the most recognizable real estate agencies in Southern Arizona.
While that should cover almost every marketing angle possible, if you have any specific requests, just let me know and we can certainly discuss working it into the marketing mix!
Full-service Seller Representation
A lot of time, expertise, and money will be spent on selling your house, so before I can begin preparing the marketing for your home, or put it on the market, you’ll need to sign a “listing agreement.” We’ll schedule a time to review and complete the paperwork. But in addition to marketing your home, I like to give my clients an overview of the other services I provide throughout the home selling process.
As your listing agent, I will:
- Prepare a Comparative Market Analysis to suggest the ideal selling price;
- Recommend contractors and vendors to help prepare the home for market, or to make necessary repairs before or after inspections;
- Coordinate showings with Buyer’s Agents and unrepresented buyers;
- Make the house easily accessible for showings;
- Provide showing feedback;
- Communicate market activity through periodic seller updates;
- Present and advise you of all offers;
- Negotiate the highest possible selling price;
- Verify buyer eligibility to purchase (verify funds or loan qualification);
- Once we’re under contract, I’ll coordinate the purchase process with buyer’s agent, inspectors, appraisers, lenders, title and escrow agents and others;
- Make the entire home selling process as easy for the seller as possible;
- Review the settlement statement, accuracy of closing costs, and attend closing.
The good news is you don’t have to pay me until (and unless) your house sells. Which is why I like to look at the relationship with my clients as we are “partners” in this together. I’ll take on the burden of not getting paid until your house is sold … All you have to do is be serious and committed to selling your house, and committed and loyal to me as your agent.